In BOOK III we apply our knowledge of numbers to study:
RATIO, RATE, PROPORTION, PERCENT, GEOMETRY, ALGEBRA
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! Our mortgage calculations are based on interest rates expressed in percentages.
We can use our knowledge to better decide which bank to choose for a mortgage, tax benefit options and a whole host of problems we deal with on a daily basis.
- What is a Ratio?
- What is a Rate?
- Important Terminology and Symbols required in Algebra
i) Variable ii) Numerical Coefficient
iii) Algebraic expression iv) Terms
v) An Algebraic Equation vi) Solve an Equation
- What is a Proportion?
- What is a Percent?
- Ratio, Fraction, Decimal & Percent: converting from one to the other.
- WORD PROBLEMS
GEOMETRY (A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS!)
Develop an understanding of the following concepts.
1) A Point 2) A Line (Types of Lines)
3) A Line Segment 4) Congruent Lines:
5) A Ray 6) A Plane
7) Parallel Lines 8) Intersecting Lines
9) Collinear Points 10) Concurrent Lines
1) Angle of revolution 2) Acute Angles
3) Obtuse Angles 4) Right angles
5) Right angles 6) Straight Angles
7) Reflex Angles 8) Angles at a point
9) Adjacent Angles 10) Linear Pairs of Angles
11) Supplementary Angles 12) Vertically Opposite Angles
13) Complementary Angles 14) Congruent Angles
PRACTICE in problem solving gives us the ability to use mathematical concepts in our daily lives with ease.
Refer back to BOOK I or BOOK II if you need to review because the concepts in BOOK III are based on what you learned in them.
SAVE YOUR BOOKS! A Math Dictionary for reference.